Scolab Accessibility Statement
Last update: October 2020
Scolab is making an explicit commitment to invest in accessibility through tangible, practical and sustained efforts.
In education, technology can be transformative and help students reach greater and higher goals in learning. But technology can also be a great divider and exclude people when people are not kept at the centre of our vision.
Scolab is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
While this transformation will require sustained efforts, we firmly believe that it will lead us to create a better experience for everyone.
We recognize that:
- The choices we make when building software and creating content have a tangible impact on the dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity of people with disabilities.
- Good intentions are not enough and addressing the needs of people with disabilities requires skill, time and resources in order to make a real difference for real people.
- Effective accessibility cannot be achieved without involving all of our production and management staff in the process.
We pledge to:
- Invest in a sustained manner to reach our accessibility goals;
- Embed accessibility requirements in our design process;
- Train our staff to be competent on the issue of accessibility;
- Validate our work with experts in the domain;
- Be involved with impacted teachers and students to understand their reality and specific situations;
- Be transparent about our progress in achieving these accessibility goals.
Contact person for accessibility at Scolab
For any questions on our commitment to accessibility or to address specific cases, do not hesitate to contact us.
Director of Development and IT